Abstract and Symposia Submission Deadline:
Extended to 5 May 2023
Notification to authors of abstract and symposia status: 26 May 2023
Late-breaking Abstract Submission Deadline:
15 September 2023
Author Notification for late-breaking abstracts: 29 September 2023
Earlybird Registration Deadline:
15 September 2023
Speaker Registration Deadline: 15 September 2023
Accommodation Booking Deadline:
Wednesday 25 October 2023
Conference Dates: 26 – 28 November 2023
The 10th Biennial Australia and New Zealand Falls Prevention Conference (ANZFP) will for the first time be run as a joint conference with the World Congress on Falls and Postural Stability at the Perth Convention Centre, from the 26-28 November 2023. ANZFP is an initiative of Australia and New Zealand Falls Prevention Society (ANZFPS). The 1st World Congress on Falls and Postural Stability was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in December 2019-joint initiative of the Malaysian Society of Geriatric Medicine and the British Geriatrics Society.
The ANZFPS was formed in 2006 to promote the multidisciplinary study and implementation of falls prevention in older people.
The society’s major activities include
- Holding regular meetings to present and discuss the latest research and clinical findings, policy, practice and education innovations relating to the falls risk factors and falls prevention strategies;
- Facilitating student participation at ANZFPS meetings through travel grants, low registration fees and presentation awards and;
- Providing members with email notification about upcoming ANZFPS meetings and other occasional electronic updates
The Conference Organising Committee acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We acknowledge the Whadjuk Nyoongar people as the Traditional Owners of the lands and waters where the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre is situated.
Who Should Attend?
Up to 400 delegates are expected to attend the conference from throughout Australia, New Zealand and overseas. The conference aims to attract professionals working in the fields of ageing research, education, service provision and policy, including:
- Physiotherapists and Exercise Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Scientists and Researchers
- Policy and Planning Staff
- Clinical Risk Management Staff
- Health Promotion Workers
- Students (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- General Ageing Services
- Government Departments
Click below to download Australia and New Zealand Falls Prevention Society and World Falls Congress 2023 Joint Conference promotional flyer (PDF file format)
Conference Commences in