Pre Conference Workshop Submission Deadline – Friday 4th May
Notification of Pre Conference Workshop Outcomes – Friday 18th May
Abstract Submission Deadline – Friday 22nd June
Notification to abstract authors – Friday 13th July
Deadline for Presenters to Register -Friday 14th September
Earlybird Registration Deadline – Friday 14th September
Deadline for Accommodation Bookings – Friday 12th October
The 8th Biennial Australia and New Zealand Falls Prevention Conference (ANZFP) will be held at the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Hobart, Tasmania, from the 18th – 20th November 2018 and is an initiative of the Australian and New Zealand Falls Prevention Society (ANZFPS).
The ANZFPS was formed in 2006 to promote the multidisciplinary study and implementation of falls prevention in older people.
The society’s major activities include:
- Holding regular meetings to present and discuss the latest research and clinical findings, policy, practice and education innovations relating to the falls risk factors and falls prevention strategies;
- Facilitating student participation at ANZFPS meetings through travel grants, low registration fees and presentation awards and;
- Providing members with email notification about upcoming ANZFPS meetings and other occasional electronic updates
Who Should Attend?
Up to 400 delegates are expected to attend the conference from throughout Australia, New Zealand and overseas. The conference aims to attract professionals working in the fields of ageing research, education, service provision and policy, including:
- Physiotherapists and Exercise Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Scientists and Researchers
- Policy and Planning Staff
- Clinical Risk Management Staff
- Health Promotion Workers
- Students (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- General Ageing Services
- Government Departments